In accordance with art. 13 of Italian Decreto Legislativo 196/2003 and with European Union's GDPR 2016/679, it is your right to be informed on the fact that the data you provided us (e-mail address, user id, first name, last name, school), will be dealt with for the following purposes:
- account creation, service management, data archiviation;
- technical activities like creation, editing, activation, deactivation, services use, password reset;
- sending of information on relevant news regarding the use of the website learndoubleentry.org;
- correct attribution of shared documents.
If you do not choose a user id and provide us with an email address, you will not be able to use the services. First name, last name and school are optional. You may decide to not provide them. First name must be provided by users who want to access challenges.
In addition, in order to improve and allow the services:
- some other information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request, IP address of the host from which the request comes, etc., may be recorded on the server's database;
- cookies (strings of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns) are used to identify and track visitors, their usage of thet website, and their website access preferences (these are technically required, and the service could not be offered without their usage);
- the localStorage and the sessionStorage of the browser are used to allow an easier interaction during activities;
- cookies by third parties are used to allow the authentication using a social network account, but they can be avoided when the user signs in directly. For more information about third parties' policies, please read the following documents:
More information about what cookies are and how you can disable/remove them in your browser is available on the website of Italian Data Protection Authority (and of course in many other websites).
Your personal data will not be communicated, delivered or sold to third parties. They will be known only by the website administrator, data controller / data protection office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you may address for communications and requests as per art. 7 of Italian Decreto Legislativo 196/2003. If you want to access your personal data, you can do so autonomously on the profile page, where you may proceed to edit or delete them. Alternatively, you may ask for updates and deletion using the contact page. Personal data will be deleted anyway two years after the last access.
Please note that data regarding the firms created and managed, as well as exercises prepared, are by definition public and shared according to the Creative Commons License adopted when prepared.
Data are stored in a server based in France and administered by the organization TuxFamily; they are duplicated for backup purposes to a system in Italy.
Version 1.3, December 12th, 2018