LearnDoubleEntry.org - Terms of Service
We (the people involved in LearnDoubleEntry.org) developed a web application, called «DELT - Double Entry Learning Tool», and would love for you to use it on the website «learndoubleentry.org». Our service is free, but remember that, since we do not guarantee that it is always available, nor that the results of computation are always correct, you should not use it for the bookkeeping of a real, existing firm. The service is designed to give you the possibility of making exercises and practice connected with accounting and double entry bookkeeping. Be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your site or get linked to from your site (things like spam, viruses, or hate content). You are provided the choice of exporting the data of the firms that you manage and use the data in another instance of the application, that you may find or install by yourself. Please notice that Tuxfamily.org is not involved in LearnDoubleEntry.org, as it just offers the resources to run the web application.
Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by LearnDoubleEntry.org, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 16 years old.
- Your learndoubleentry.org Account and Firms. If you create an "exercise firm" (from now on, "firm") on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and firm, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the firm. You must not describe or assign keywords to your firm in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and the LearnDoubleEntry.org may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause LearnDoubleEntry.org liability. You must immediately notify LearnDoubleEntry.org of any unauthorized uses of your firm, your account or any other breaches of security. LearnDoubleEntry.org will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a firm, comment on a firm, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your firm is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your firm is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your firm’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by LearnDoubleEntry.org or otherwise.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, LearnDoubleEntry.org has the right (though not the obligation) to, in LearnDoubleEntry.org’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in LearnDoubleEntry.org’s reasonable opinion, violates any LearnDoubleEntry.org policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in LearnDoubleEntry.org’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. LearnDoubleEntry.org has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, LearnDoubleEntry.org does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. LearnDoubleEntry.org disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which learndoubleentry.org links, and that link to learndoubleentry.org. LearnDoubleEntry.org does not have any control over those other websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a separate website or webpage, LearnDoubleEntry.org does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. LearnDoubleEntry.org disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of separate websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As LearnDoubleEntry.org asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by learndoubleentry.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify LearnDoubleEntry.org. LearnDoubleEntry.org will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. LearnDoubleEntry.org will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of LearnDoubleEntry.org or others.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from LearnDoubleEntry.org to you any LearnDoubleEntry.org or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with LearnDoubleEntry.org. LearnDoubleEntry.org, learndoubleentry.org, the learndoubleentry.org logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website belong to LearnDoubleEntry.org. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any LearnDoubleEntry.org or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. LearnDoubleEntry.org reserves the right to display advertisements on your firms.
- Attribution. LearnDoubleEntry.org reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Firm at learndoubleentry.org’ theme author, and font attribution in your firm footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the learndoubleentry.org toolbar may not be removed.
- Changes. LearnDoubleEntry.org reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. LearnDoubleEntry.org may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. LearnDoubleEntry.org may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your learndoubleentry.org account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. LearnDoubleEntry.org and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither LearnDoubleEntry.org nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will LearnDoubleEntry.org, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. LearnDoubleEntry.org shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LearnDoubleEntry.org, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between LearnDoubleEntry.org and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of LearnDoubleEntry.org, or by the posting by LearnDoubleEntry.org of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Italy, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the courts located in Pordenone, Italy. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; LearnDoubleEntry.org may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
In accordance with Italian Decreto Legislativo 70/03, learndoubleentry.org is not subject to a general obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored, nor to a general obligation to actively seek facts or circumstances indicating illegal activities. However, learndoubleentry.org will, without delay, inform the competent judicial or administrative authority responsible for the supervision, if it is aware of alleged illegal activities or information regarding its users and will provide, without delay, at the request of the competent authorities, the information in its possession enabling the identification of the users of its services, in order to detect and prevent illegal activities.
(These terms are adapted from the ones released by WordPress.com)
Version 1.1, September 5th, 2018